Writing for Wellbeing: half-day mini retreat in Cómpeta, Spain
Word After Word is excited to be working with Cómpeta Yoga on Writing for Wellbeing, a half-day mini-retreat exploring how expressive writing can contribute to health and wellbeing.
In this workshop, we're not concerned with grammar, perfect sentences and gripping stories. We are interested in the process of writing and how it can help to uncover our motivations, fears, needs, worries, hopes and dreams. There will be plenty of opportunities to have a go, as we look at journalling, free-writing and owning, embracing and telling the story of our lives.
The workshop will begin and end with a short creative relaxation so you'll go away inspired, refreshed and energised. Refreshments will be provided.
The location is Cómpeta Yoga - a beautiful purpose built yoga studio that provides a relaxing, warm and safe space in which to explore your creativity.
- All you need to bring is a notebook and pen/pencil.
- Wear something comfortable. We will sit or lie on a mat for the creative relaxation.
- Everyone is welcome - locals and visitors alike.
- You don't have to have any prior writing experience.
- The workshop will be taught in English, but it doesn't have to be your first language. You can write in whatever language you feel most comfortable.
- This workshop is about exploring writing for wellbeing rather than writing for sharing. This helps writers to feel more relaxed about expressing their thoughts. There will be opportunities to share some of your writing, but only if you feel comfortable with doing so. You choose.
Cómpeta Yoga was founded by yoga teacher and former dancer Inez Leniere Lopez. The purpose built studio is located in the centre of Cómpeta, in the province of Málaga, Andalusia. The studio is easily accessed. There is ample parking in the main Cómpeta car park. From there it is a short walk to the studio through Calle Trinidad.
Calle Trinidad 26,
29754 Cómpeta (Málaga)